Updated: June 30, 2020
Right to Opt Out
Sirius XM CV does not sell your personal information to other businesses for their own marketing purposes, or exchange it for any other form of consideration to our business. You have the right to tell us not to sell your personal information, as described under CCPA, to the extent that we might do so in the future. To inform us of your preference to opt out of the sale of your personal information, visit Do Not Sell My Info. We will notify you and/or your authorized agent when the request has been processed.
Right to Know
You have the right to be informed about our collection, use and sharing of personal information we collected from you during the twelve (12) months before we received your request. Upon your verified and authenticated request, we will provide you the following information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- The categories of your personal information we have sold, and to which categories of third parties.
- The categories of your personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose.
You also have the right to request access to personal information we have collected during the last twelve (12) months. Upon your verified and authenticated request, we will provide such information to you electronically, in a portable format where feasible, according to CCPA guidelines.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected from you. We are unable to delete information needed to (a) respond to your inquiry; (b) detect, prevent or prosecute security incidents, fraud, or other misuse; (c) repair or debug errors in our products, services, systems or functionality; (d) comply with legal or reporting obligations, enforce or comply with contractual obligations, respond to valid requests for information from law enforcement or other governmental agencies or otherwise comply with or enforce applicable laws or regulations; or (e) exercise or enforce any other exceptions provided by CCPA.
Price and Quality of Service
If you choose to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, we will not (a) deny you service, (b) charge you different prices or rates, if applicable; or (c) provide you a different level or quality of services.
HOW TO SUBMIT REQUESTS
These instructions apply to requests submitted by business customers of Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Services Inc. If you wish to submit a CCPA request as a consumer or subscriber to a Sirius XM-branded connected vehicle program, please visit https://www.siriusxmcvs.com/ccpa-info/ or www.connectedvehicleservices.com/privacy.html for instructions on how to place a consumer/subscriber request.
Requests to opt-out, know, or delete must each be submitted separately. You may submit to us up to two (2) requests to know or up to four (4) requests to delete within a twelve (12)-month period. To submit a CCPA request, please visit this page or submit a request in writing to:
SIRIUS XM Connected Vehicle Services – Chief Privacy Officer
8550 Freeport Parkway,
Irving, Texas 75063.
Verification and Authorized Agents
For your protection, you must provide sufficient information to verify your identity in order for us to act upon a request. If we cannot verify your identity, we may provide only the information that we determine is safe to provide or we may deny your request. In that event, if you have provided us with viable contact information, we will let you know why we are unable to honor your request as submitted.
You may authorize someone to make a request on your behalf. You must supply the person with written permission to act on your behalf, and they must provide proof of such authorization before we will act upon the request. If you are submitting a request to know or delete through an authorized agent, you must verify your identity directly with us through the process outlined above, unless your authorized agent is acting pursuant to a power of attorney under the California Probate Code.
COLLECTION AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact and other account information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, zip code, company name, company information, and device and other technological identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as comments or inquiries you have submitted related to our business;
- Information collected from your use of the Site, such as your IP address when you use the Site, and browsing history;
Business or Commercial Purposes for Collection, Use, and Sharing of Personal Information
Sirius XM CV collects, uses, and shares personal information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Addressing business inquiries, requests for information, ongoing informational services and service-related administration; and to engage in business marketing and customer service;
- Security, including detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, conducting risk management, and to otherwise protect the safety and security of Connected Vehicle Services subscribers and networks;
- Debugging to identify, prevent, and repair errors that impair or may impair the Site or our business;
- Auditing, including maintaining records for financial and other compliance with laws and other standards;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development for the improvement and advancement of Sirius XM CV’s products and services;
- Improving and maintaining quality of service, including analysis of Site experience and performance; evaluating business interests, and upgrading our infrastructure;
- Legal purposes, such as protecting or defending the legal rights or property of Connected Vehicle Services subscribers, Sirius XM CV, our affiliates, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements), and complying with the law, legal process, or valid legal and government requests.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We collect the personal information listed above from the following categories of sources.
- Visitors to the Site;
- Business contacts;
- Trade organizations and conferences; and
- Event sponsors.
Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information
- Service providers, such as: website and database hosting services; privacy, security and fraud detection providers; platform technology providers; and marketing support providers, such as print mail vendors and email distributers.
- Event sponsors, such as business or trade-related organizations;
- Governmental or quasi-governmental agencies or organizations that make valid legal requests for information or to whom Sirius XM CV shares information to protect or defend the legal rights or property of Sirius XM CV or our affiliates, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements);
- Related companies, including our parent corporation Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries, or any successors in interest in the event of a corporate reorganization, merger, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets;
- Litigants or other parties to legal proceedings that make valid legal requests for information or Sirius XM CV, or the legal rights of businesses we have agreements with, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); and
- Other third parties you have authorized, if you have given permission for us to share data about you with them.